The Trade for Sustainable Development (T4SD) Forum is an annual ITC initiative with the aim to increase awareness on the opportunities for global value chain actors, to foster innovation and increase competitiveness by adopting more sustainable business models.
The fifth edition of the T4SD Forum discussed SDG 12 “Responsible Consumption and Production” and its relationship with sustainable trade in global value chains. Stakeholders were invited to share experiences and best practices of projects and initiatives that contribute to the achievement of SDG 12, through to open discussions.
The Forum’s objectives are:
- Provide a unique platform to discuss sustainable trade practices – and identify innovative best practices – vis-à-vis the implementation of SDG 12.
- Identify challenges and opportunities for SMEs arising from a shift to a greener economy for the implementation of SDG 12.
- Provide real-life examples of innovative practices in ITC’s projects, and those of the partners they work with.
- Identify innovative partnerships for leveraging sustainable development etc. with alliances in value chains, cities, impact oriented investors etc.
- Leverage ITC’s contribution to the Global Goals through support to SME international competitiveness for inclusive and sustainable growth through value addition, trade, investment and global partnerships.
Phrenos advised on the programme and structure of the Forum and managed the re-branding and social media strategy leading up to and during the T45D forum. A new visual identity was designed and an online campaign was developed to reach new audiences and to give further visibility to the T4SD brand. During the course of the two-day Forum, interviews were held with key speakers and videos were created to promote their participation.