Voices4Development was organised, under the Patronage of Her Majesty the Queen of the Belgians, by the Belgian Development Cooperation and the European Commission with the support of the United Nations, as a prelude to the European Development Days 2017 on 6 June at Flagey Concert Hall.
Voices4Development included musical sessions by Belgian artist Ozark Henry and was moderated by Alexander De Croo, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Development Cooperation and Femi Oke, Al Jazeera journalist. The panel discussion included 5 international SDG Advocates:
- Leymah Gbowee (Director, Gbowee Peace Foundation and Nobel Peace prize laureate), Jeffrey Sachs (Columbia University),
- Alaa Murabit (The Voice of Libyan Women),
- Paul Polman (CEO Unilever) and
- Muhammad Yunus (founder Grameen Bank Bangladesh and Nobel Peace prize laureate).
- The Norwegian Prime Minister Solberg concluded the evening.
Phrenos managed the scenography, liaised with the Belgian Palace Authorities to coordinate the Queen’s presence and oversaw accreditation and media outreach.